Wednesday, October 3, 2007

J* Davey

Looking to broaden your musical horizons? Check J* Davey. After eight years in the industry and performing with the likes of Prince, Mos Def and Erykah Badu, the irreproducible J* Davey has my attention. Funk, New Wave, Soul, R & B, Hip Hop and raw energy combined make J* Davey the choice for those who dare to be different. With lyrics like "just because I am asking you to stay doesn't mean I want you at my place everyday" have made this duo my choice for Spring Fever 2007 (sorry Musiq, B-U-D-D-Y is now number 2 on the PIMPtress Playlist). Their live show is NICE. Jack Davey knows the code and she keeps it fabulous in a Mohawk and something fuchsia.

The L.A. based group is on the east promoting their forthcoming EP, Beauty in Distortion on Illav8r Musik. For those who want something now, check them out on FADER Magazine's The Land of the Lost Episode mixtape. The track Finer Things is the sexiest way to show that someone special you can show them something better. Their song Hi Sun is perfect for putting your Freakum make-up on while practicing the slow shoulder roll from the side. And when Jack Davey and Brook D'Leau totally flipped the script and started rhymin' in the middle of a funk show they became my new musical best friends. www.myspace.com/jdavey

© T.I. Williams